Here’s something that caught my eye. Forbes recently published an article about turning loyal customers into ‘brand advocates’. Based on what we do at The Best of Grantham and The Best of Newark I found this really interesting. Here are some of the top tips:
• Find your advocates
Ask – Are you likely to recommend on a scale of 0-10? You can ask this question across the social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Make it easy for your fans to recommend you
Give them the online tools to review you. Great testimonials combat negative reviews and improve SEO. Positive recommendations boost awareness and brand reputation
• Share the love and leverage the content
Once you have the reviews don’t just sit on them; amplify them across social media channels. Pop up testmonials at each step of the consumers purchase path. Build up a profile of your advocates so you can readily engage with them
• Keep it authentic
Your reviews must be genuine. If the review is filled with keywords or the writer is incentivised then it is unlikely to engage prospects. Don’t pimp out your customers!
- RT @bedeevents: Belton Horse Trials now in partnership with the National Trust; making this the perfect w/e for the whole family http://t.c… 6 hours ago
- Tweet yourself a slice of the market; social networks a gr8 way to catch attention ☎ 01476 530412 #socialmedia ow.ly/usqqF 7 hours ago
- RT @GeckoProp: Whether you're a landlord or a tenant, get in touch ☎ 01476 570747. At Gecko Property #Grantham it’s all about you http://t.… 1 day ago
- RT @16Interiors: Want help changing pieces of furniture or putting the spotlight on a corner of a room? We can add the Va Va Voom! Call us … 1 day ago
- Whatever you do this wk; try to #BuyLocal cards, groceries, fashion, furniture, having a coffee or eating out #Newark http://t.co/236KSqwbla 1 day ago