Here’s something that caught my eye. Forbes recently published an article about turning loyal customers into ‘brand advocates’. Based on what we do at The Best of Grantham and The Best of Newark I found this really interesting. Here are some of the top tips:
• Find your advocates
Ask – Are you likely to recommend on a scale of 0-10? You can ask this question across the social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Make it easy for your fans to recommend you
Give them the online tools to review you. Great testimonials combat negative reviews and improve SEO. Positive recommendations boost awareness and brand reputation
• Share the love and leverage the content
Once you have the reviews don’t just sit on them; amplify them across social media channels. Pop up testmonials at each step of the consumers purchase path. Build up a profile of your advocates so you can readily engage with them
• Keep it authentic
Your reviews must be genuine. If the review is filled with keywords or the writer is incentivised then it is unlikely to engage prospects. Don’t pimp out your customers!
- RT @sara_calinas: Had so much fun @newarkpanto @palacenewark with @loverslanesch! Thank you for the great show! 13 hours ago
- Think Big..Shop Indie @SmallBizSatUK Newark @HoldensofNewark @rushtonsbistro @straystapas @vintage2versace @Koinonia @16Interiors 17 hours ago
- Buy Local tomorrow...& 2014 #SmallBizSatUK Grantham @empire_tweet @EdenWineBar @travailgrantham @oldridsdowntown @EnhanceBeautyGr 17 hours ago
- RT @Travailnewark: CHEF (CDP LEVEL) - NEWARK immediate start call #TRAVAIL 01636 701702 20 hours ago
- RT @oldridsdowntown: Have you visited our #Grotto at the Downtown Grantham Garden Centre? @oldridsdowntown @louhudson1 http://t.co/SQH9ERL… 21 hours ago