Here’s something that caught my eye. Forbes recently published an article about turning loyal customers into ‘brand advocates’. Based on what we do at The Best of Grantham and The Best of Newark I found this really interesting. Here are some of the top tips:
• Find your advocates
Ask – Are you likely to recommend on a scale of 0-10? You can ask this question across the social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Make it easy for your fans to recommend you
Give them the online tools to review you. Great testimonials combat negative reviews and improve SEO. Positive recommendations boost awareness and brand reputation
• Share the love and leverage the content
Once you have the reviews don’t just sit on them; amplify them across social media channels. Pop up testmonials at each step of the consumers purchase path. Build up a profile of your advocates so you can readily engage with them
• Keep it authentic
Your reviews must be genuine. If the review is filled with keywords or the writer is incentivised then it is unlikely to engage prospects. Don’t pimp out your customers!
- RT @oldridsdowntown: Current vacancies @oldridsdowntown @GranthamJournal @BostonTarget @louhudson1 ow.ly/i/5eIZu http://t.co/T34lK… 13 hours ago
- FREE glass of wine for the first 100 customers from today @KelhamHouse #Newark ow.ly/vRcmW 20 hours ago
- RT @GranthamBC: Look forward to seeing you again on Tue 17th June when @prwilsonmedia and @louhudson1 will be sharing #socialmedia #toptips 2 days ago
- RT @SilverSisMedia: It's here!! First copies will be out & about #AroundTown today #newark #southwell #farndon #bingham Plse RT @ShirtSleev… 2 days ago
- RT @GranthamBC: Just the Job: Free networking meeting - focus is on #recruitment this Tuesday @RamadaGrantham 6pm eventbrite.co.uk/e/grantham-bus… … … 3 days ago