“Jim – welcome to Team Titanic” was Jedi Jim’s greeting from Lord Sugar as his new team – Logic – found themselves in the boardroom after losing last night’s task on The Apprentice.
As always, the show was packed with wonderful, cringing moments, as the two teams competed to sell beauty products and treatments to bemused shoppers in Birmingham.
Here are just a few pearlers:
- “Looks a bit like a pet hamster, doesn’t it” – how to get someone to buy a clip-on hair fringe
- “Go on, spray him Leon!” – the girls trying to persuade a nervous Leon to spray-tan a semi-nude male model
- “Just because it’s blonde, doesn’t mean it doesn’t look good” – how to sell a blonde hair braid to a brunette
- “We’ll get you naked and spray you” – Leon’s less than subtle sales pitch to sell fake tans to girls he’s just stopped in the shopping centre
- “Can you feel the heat? You’ve got to be made of leather not to feel that” – Jim’s confident assessment of his own ‘hot-shell’ massage technique
- “No-one has any money around here, everyone seems so poor.” – Susan’s feeble excuse for not living up to her boasts about being able to sell beauty products.
Yet despite his reluctant start, Leon got into the swing of things and eventually had female clients wrapped around his little finger – literally! Using some weird, magic technique he could only have learned from Jim, he led women to the treatment room by hooking his little finger around theirs. Amazing!
But one of the best bits was featured on ‘The Apprentice – You’re Fired’ on BBC2, when Tom – with a look of demented relish on his face – got stuck into giving Jim a massage.
You can catch it on BBC’s iPlayer, with the intro blurb: ‘Casting an expert eye over what went wrong with Dara are model and broadcaster Lisa Snowdon, comedian Ed Byrne and cosmetics brand founder Nicky Kinnaird.’ Hey! Nothing went wrong with Dara – he’s brilliant!
Who do you think will win The Apprentice? Does Jedi Jim have the Force with him?