For most business owners I know, it’s no longer a case of “should I be using Social Media?”, it’s a question of “How do I make Social Media work for my business?”.
Well, success often comes down to experimentation and commitment. You have to work at it. There’s no silver bullet or little blue pill. (Sorry guys!)
But, like most things, there are a number of practical things you can do to increase your chances of success. And if you’re going to use Facebook for your business marketing, here are some of them:
1. Make interaction your watchword – your Facebook page should be helpful, fun and engaging!
2. Use videos on your Facebook Page – people love video clips, that’s why You Tube is the second largest search engine in the world
3. Give something back to your fans – tips and advice, special offers, invitations and quizzes are all great ways to get people involved with your Facebook page
4. Create a connection between Facebook and the outside world – integrate traditional advertising with Facebook. The Facebook logo is widely recognised – why not add it to your newspaper advertising and other printed collateral
5. Use Facebook to grow your list of email contacts – your e-newsletter is a great way to increase awareness of your Facebook page
6. Try and introduce new services and products on Facebook first – it’s a great way to reward your Facebook fans – and attract more – by giving them something before everyone else
7. Integrate your social content by incorporating content from other social media channels like Twitter or You Tube
8. Reciprocity. By liking the Facebook pages of other businesses and potential customers, Facebook will notify the administrators of their pages. In return some may decide to like your page.
9. Give people a reason or incentive to like your page. Simply instructing people to ‘Like you’ isn’t always enough!
10. Update your page regularly – if people think they’re going to miss something, they’ll visit you more often.
And in the spirit of reciprocity, if you’ve found this helpful, maybe you could like my own Facebook page! I’ll like you right back!
For more help on making Social Media work for you visit Louise Hudson’s website.