When you think of Grantham, what comes to mind?
Some of Grantham’s notable people and achievements? After all, most people associate the town with Margaret Thatcher and Isaac Newton. Or perhaps some of Grantham’s ‘firsts’?
- The first female police officers in the world
- The first biscuits offered for sale (Grantham Whetstones – gingerbread)
- Oliver Cromwell’s first victory over the Royalists at Gonerby Moor
- The first running diesel engine
- The UK’s first tractor
Or maybe, like me, you love some of the first class businesses in and around Grantham. There are lots to choose from, but here are just a few of them from The Best of Grantham:
- Empire Designer Wear – Top fashion brands – including Superdry, Diesel and Firetrap – at affordable prices. Highly rated by local customers. Typical review: “Good Range, Best clothes shop in town. Nice staff. Great shopping experience.”
- A & P Travel – Award-winning, family-owned travel business, specialising in coach trips and breaks. Typical review: “It was fantastic, couldn’t have been better, looking forward to many more excursions with A and P Travel.”
- Oceans Health & Fitness – Well-equipped gym, fitness studios, beauty salon, swimming pool and lounge café. Great personal service from experienced team. Typical review: “Cannot recommend it highly enough to anyone looking for a gym or health club!”
- Enhance Beauty – Award-winning beauty salon offering a stunning range of treatments. Wonderful, friendly staff. Typical review: “Enhance Beauty are always friendly, efficient and are very professional!”
- The Peacock Inn – Welcoming 18th century pub and restaurant in the beautiful Vale of Belvoir, just minutes from Grantham. Smashing accommodation too! Typical review: “Loads of atmosphere, food was delicious and excellent service….we will be back!”
- Wardour Secure Networks – Highly regarded, professional computer repairs and services provider. Black belts in computer security! Typical review: “Fast delivery, efficient and reliable service, I will be using Wardour Secure Networks again for all my IT needs.”
- UK Hair & Beauty – Complete beauty service and a wealth of professionals including hair stylists, beauty therapists, personal fitness instructors and holistic experts. Typical review: “Everyone is so friendly and always has time for a quick word and a friendly smile. Friday, appointment day is the Highlight of my week.”
- VBC Premier Blinds – Family-run business offering a comprehensive range of competitively priced, high quality, stylish blinds. Typical review: “VBC Premier Blinds is a great local business in Grantham offering an exemplary service.”
- Thorns Farm – Delightful B&B and self-catering accommodation in a stunning rural setting, just minutes from Grantham. Typical review: “Lovely accommodation. I would recommend very highly. Would definitely stay here again”
- Downtown – Landmark department store and garden centre renowned for choice, value and excellent customer service. Typical review: “I love your store and often drive friends from Leeds for a shopping experience and lunch of course. Well worth the journey.”
There are so many more of course. In fact, in my experience Grantham beats many other towns hands down.
What’s your favourite Grantham business? Why not recommend it to others through The Best of Grantham?