Here’s something that caught my eye. Forbes recently published an article about turning loyal customers into ‘brand advocates’. Based on what we do at The Best of Grantham and The Best of Newark I found this really interesting. Here are some of the top tips:
• Find your advocates
Ask – Are you likely to recommend on a scale of 0-10? You can ask this question across the social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Make it easy for your fans to recommend you
Give them the online tools to review you. Great testimonials combat negative reviews and improve SEO. Positive recommendations boost awareness and brand reputation
• Share the love and leverage the content
Once you have the reviews don’t just sit on them; amplify them across social media channels. Pop up testmonials at each step of the consumers purchase path. Build up a profile of your advocates so you can readily engage with them
• Keep it authentic
Your reviews must be genuine. If the review is filled with keywords or the writer is incentivised then it is unlikely to engage prospects. Don’t pimp out your customers!
- RT @BBCRadioLincs: It's all top hats & tail coats at the Dressage arena at Belton. Spectators are enjoying the sunshine! @bedeevents http:/… 14 hours ago
- RT @FclGrantham: Great family day out @BHTrials. Thanks @bedeevents for the kids page. #family #Grantham http://t.co/IzV63b3f4t 14 hours ago
- RT @BelvoirBandB: Yipee It's the Belton Horse Trials in Grantham this wkend! A great day for all #eventing #competing #shopping #food more… 19 hours ago
- A pretty damn perfect morning for a horse trials: Belton International Horse Trials this w/e @bedeevents #Grantham🌞 http://t.co/jvoGRjThPO 21 hours ago
- RT @HDW_XCBuilder: It's a bit misty over #BeltonHorseTrials this morning. @bedeevents http://t.co/Mgde3wdvlr 22 hours ago