Here’s something that caught my eye. Forbes recently published an article about turning loyal customers into ‘brand advocates’. Based on what we do at The Best of Grantham and The Best of Newark I found this really interesting. Here are some of the top tips:
• Find your advocates
Ask – Are you likely to recommend on a scale of 0-10? You can ask this question across the social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Make it easy for your fans to recommend you
Give them the online tools to review you. Great testimonials combat negative reviews and improve SEO. Positive recommendations boost awareness and brand reputation
• Share the love and leverage the content
Once you have the reviews don’t just sit on them; amplify them across social media channels. Pop up testmonials at each step of the consumers purchase path. Build up a profile of your advocates so you can readily engage with them
• Keep it authentic
Your reviews must be genuine. If the review is filled with keywords or the writer is incentivised then it is unlikely to engage prospects. Don’t pimp out your customers!
- Great pics! #TCS #security keeping you safe this #bankholidayweekend #newark twitter.com/tcsnewark/stat… 4 hours ago
- RT @WendyfullCakes: With a great team, being a #GreatPlaceToWork is a piece of cake! 17 large vanilla cakes delivered on the same day https… 23 hours ago
- RT @holdensbespoke: It’s so grey out there … why not step into a world of colour this #bankholidayweekend https://t.co/alTBhTp7aH 23 hours ago
- RT @civilwarcentre: Troops arrive soon for Pikes & Plunder in Newark 1+2 May! nationalcivilwarcentre.com/events @ExperienceNotts @things_to_do https:… 1 day ago
- RT @HoldensofNewark: Why did the duck cross the road? To get to #holdens of course! #newark #notts https://t.co/pEo67YxLoV 1 day ago