If you’re looking for new customers – or just trying to find the old ones – then you need to look where they’re looking.
These days, that means social networking sites.
Just consider the facts for a moment:
- More than 50% of the population is under 30 years old
- 96% of the population under 30 belongs to a social network
- 43% of 55 to 74 year olds use the internet frequently
- Half the mobile internet traffic in the UK is for Facebook
- Every day, there are 60 million status updates on Facebook
What this all adds up to, is this. Your customers – and potential customers – are online, talking about you (or someone else) right now.
You need to be part of the conversation. You need to hear what they’re hearing. You need to see what they’re seeing. You need to talk with them.
You’ll find them on Facebook, Twitter, Linked In and You Tube. Right now.
If you’re already engaging with them online, that’s great! But if not? Social media is definitely worth a second look. Now, where did I put my glasses?